Reporting to the National Sales Manager, as Territory Sales Representative, you will be responsible for promoting wood based flooring products and selling through a network of distributors across a wide, North & Eastern US territory. Your mission will be to promote the brand by developing outstanding relationships with distributors, flooring retailers and installers in your territory and training them on our products in order to drive sales growth. You will also partner with a Specification Representative and together leverage a two-step, pull through sales method that creates interest at the user level and sales at the distributor level.
As part of your role, you will be expected to:
- Possess a passion for your work and growing sales
- Have the availability to travel frequently
- Ensued high ethical standards and values
- Ability to self-manage and motivate; an objectives-driven, detail-oriented approach
- Outstanding organization skills; willingness to log data in the CRM system daily
Ability to work individually and as a strong team member
- Tracking your appointments, pipeline and other efforts in the company CRM.
- Communicating with all stakeholders, ensuring that projects are effectively managed and delivered, products are available, timelines are met, etc.
- Developing relationships with industry distributors, installers, retailers as well as with architects and designers.
- Partnering with the Specifications Representative on high-value projects in the planning stages, targeting projects that will result in solid Sales.
- Assisting company personnel in bringing those projects to close and educating applicators, installers and dealers relative to the beneficial use of companies branded products.
- Managing inquiries for product information or samples.
- Attending and/or exhibiting at trade shows or similar events.
- Communicating and collaborating with the network of distributors to ensure promotion of company brand and products, resulting in revenue creation.
- Completing required administrative duties in a thorough and timely manner, such as CRM, expense reports, project research, and forecasting, customer inquiries etc.