Business Development Manager – New York Territory
Our client has an opening for a talented Business Development professional to join our team in the New York marketplace. The BDM position reports to the Sales Director, North America and will work closely with end-users, architecture/design firms, and the dealers Account Executives, Designers, and Customer Support to deliver exceptional architectural wall product solutions for our clients. This is a full-time position with excellent benefits. Salary is commensurate with experience and ability.
Responsible for driving revenue in the assigned territory and/or market by working with both the local Dealer(s) and the broader company team. Provide ongoing support to Dealers and the Sales Teams related to selling efforts and sales strategies.
- Develop and build structural acquisition/sales opportunities to obtain the annual sales goals for the region.
- Hunter mentality to identify new opportunities and to grow and cross sell within existing accounts, and identify potential clients from prospect lists, leads, established customers, referrals, or contacts developed through other sources.
- Participate in professional networking activities.
- Manages major projects including formulation and communication of sales strategy and the coordination of necessary resources. Dealer is responsible for project management; the business development manager also supports the dealer with the projects.
- Ensures total sales revenue of assigned Dealer(s) within the region, including new projects and existing business.
- Serves as key contact with assigned Dealer(s) to cultivate ongoing productive and collaborative relationships with customer decision-makers, influencing the decision-makers using consultative selling skills to discover, diagnose, and solidify their needs and propose and deliver world-class solutions.
- Business Development manager will work with the Regional Manager to ensure that dealer has good trained and skilled sales and technical staff for products
- Weekly and monthly report about sales and project pipeline for assigned dealer including visits using CRM system (Salesforce/AirTable), including weekly updates.
- Conducts quarterly reviews with assigned Dealers together with Regional Manager.
- Actively participates, when appropriate, in team-based selling activities.
- Protects accounts from the competition by understanding the competitions' position and nurturing through B2B connections.
- Works strategically with business partners within North America.
- Conducts all sales activities and processes within the parameters of the North America sales process, utilizing corporate tools/resources provided.
- Maintains Salesforce/AirTable (CRM) information so President can accurately complete monthly forecasts of expected sales volume by account, product line, etc.
- Manages within assigned expense budget.
- Performs additional responsibilities as requested to achieve business objectives.
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Business Administration, Architecture or related field; equivalent level of experience considered.
- Five plus years of successful contract or capital goods selling experience, preferably including experience as a Dealer Direct Salesperson. At least 3 years proven results in direct selling and supporting dealers with architectural products preferable walls.
- Thorough knowledge of products, services, and culture, as well as the ability to distinguish company products/services from the competition.
- Advanced selling skills, e.g., qualify prospects, lead generation, new business development, account penetration, strategic selling, conceptual selling, issues-based selling, consultative selling, negotiation and contracts (closing).
- Must have strong organizational and problem-solving skills, as well as the ability to collaborate and negotiate.
- Must be an assertive, self-starter with the self-confidence and ability to represent the company in a professional manner.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced, changing environment, at all levels of the organization and able to build long-term relationships with customers/partners.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication ability with strong emphasis on listening.
- Demonstrated high personal performance standards, the desire and ability to continuously learn, and must be results-oriented.
- Demonstrated high level of integrity and business ethics.
- Must be financially literate and possess business acumen.
- Exercise flexibility, initiative, good judgment and discretion in handling confidential materials and matters as well as highly complex sales challenges
- Ability to work with a diverse group of people and build long term relationships with customers/partners (particularly at senior decision-making levels within an organization) as well as internal team members.
- Expertise within a Dealer environment with sales planning capabilities.
- Willingness and ability to travel.
- Ability to effectively use office automation, communication, software, and tools used in the organization.
- Must be able to perform all essential functions of the position with or without accommodations.
- Knowledge of CET/Configura a plus.
- Must be able to work independently and remotely